One of the most interesting ways to create and populate a SharePoint list is to use the Import Spreadsheet from Excel. Unfortunately, I received and weird error message: An unexpected error has occurred. (-2147467259).
I’ve done some research, but found nothing. So, I decided to ask the guys from the O365 community: Unable to create SharePoint list from Excel file
The proposed solutions didn’t worked, so I kept insisting and testing, until I found the solution.
My system specifications
On my laptop I had:
- Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit;
- Office 2013 Pro Plus 32 bit;
- Internet Explorer 10 64 bit.
What did I tried?
- I’ve enabled/disabled the Enhanced Protected Mode option, so I can change my browser from 32 bits to 64 bits, but without any luck;
- I’ve re-added the SharePoint site into the Trusted Sites, without any result;
- I’ve done some testing on a system with Windows XP and IE, all on 32 bits, with success.
After the last test, it seemed that it was a browser problem, so I’ve analyzed the dll’s that Office 2013 Pro Plus had installed in IE, in order to enable communication between the browser and the SharePoint site.
I knew from the community that the SharePoint OpenDocuments Class add-on is responsible with that communication.
Then, I noticed that those add-ons had only the 32 bit version.
Because I had a 64 bit OS I decided to try the Office 2013 Pro Plus the 64 bit version.
How to fix -2147467259 error?
- unnistal Office 2013 Pro Plus the 32 bit version.
- download and install Office 2013 Pro Plus the 64 bit version.
After the installing process has ended, I was able to import and Excel workbook into SharePoint and to create a new list.